News, questions and answers, Any suggestion? Write it down here!

« Older   Newer »
Sabardeyn
icon6  view post Posted on 21/10/2007, 17:47 by: Sabardeyn

I mentioned previously that I would like to see the boss' base creature type, profession and level included in the program. Don't know why it popped into my head today (other then I'm using MO a lot because I'm trying for Skill Hunter), but here is a possible "layout": Boss Name (creature type) [Prof Icon] Level. So, this results in, for example: Facet of Nature (Forgotten) image26/30.

While I admit this is not groundbreaking, I though I would mention it because, obviously, screen real estate becomes vital and this adds info without needing much (if any) extra screen space. You're already using most of this space and have it empty at the moment. The "[Prof Icon]" is obviously meant to be a small image, not sure if this might change your line height - which might be a concern. I noticed that GuildWiki's profession icons (bottom of page) are 25x20 pixels images and they're just large enough to be visible (well, except for Mesmer). This would be a little bigger than the smiley icons (19x19 px) used in this forum.

Of course if this isn't viable you could place a larger profession icon and right align it to fill up the empty space to the right of the Boss/Zone entries. Assuming you're not using that space for anything else.

PS: It's really strange how often I encounter people in game who are absolutely stunned and amazed :woot: at how rapidly I can give them boss / skill info. I tell them about the program and they have never heard of it - which is kind of sad :cry: .

180 replies since 22/1/2007, 12:42   10122 views