News, questions and answers, Any suggestion? Write it down here!

« Older   Newer »
willy_sunny
view post Posted on 30/11/2009, 22:26 by: willy_sunny

QUOTE (Aylee Sedai @ 19/11/2009, 12:30)
I'll check if I can do the "font change" request...

Greetings again, just a tip on possible reason for cauing the [] error

I'm assuming it happens because it is only reading the text files in non-unicode, and since asian characters are 2~3 bytes long, and could possible cause some errors

because I can still see certain chinese text was displayed quite nicely, until it got cut

a second problem that I had found in the program is that the textboxes does not "warp" the text if it is too long.

atypicalexampleislikethiswithnospaceinalineoftextanditwillgotcutinthemiddleoftheline

^- that's a typical way of causing such error, when text are taken in a string without spacing, it'll break the pop up description box

a third issue arise when using your software in multiple screen display (so you might need to get a second screen + a video card that supports it XD)

when maximized, it will ALWAYS be forced on the primary display, which is usually the same screen that GW is loaded in

in other words, you cannot have one screen with mappingout (well, you could, but not maximized) and other playing the game

and here comes the last bug that I have found, which has to do with windows hotkeys

try this yourself, open up mapping out, press the win (the widows logo on the keyboard) + D

this is the hotkey for minimizing all the windows and showing the desktop

now, try to alt + tab (or click on the task bar) to mapping out

it remains minimized! XD

now, try clicking on the task bar again (which is used to minimize the window) ... it shows up!

I guess someone is gonna have some real fun cleaning these up, haha

btw, just wondering, what language is mapping out coded in? delphi?

now, another question that is totally unrelated to mapping out ...

why was my forum ID deleted? T_T

180 replies since 22/1/2007, 12:42   10122 views