News, questions and answers, Any suggestion? Write it down here!

« Older   Newer »
Aylee Sedai
view post Posted on 22/1/2007, 12:42

Post here all your suggestions. Report errors, ideas, improvements... everything comes up to your mind!

Edited by Aylee Sedai - 22/1/2007, 15:18

Aylee Sedai
view post Posted on 25/1/2007, 21:59

ENGLISH
I'm nearly done with the next update. Just a few last retouchings and version 1.8 will be ready to fly out!
I wish I can release it this weekend!

ITALIANO
Ho quasi finito l'aggiornamento a cui stavo lavorando. Alcuni piccoli accorgimenti e la versione 1.8 sarà pronta a spiccare il volo!
Spero di poterla rilasciare questo weekend!

Madoran Al' Thor
view post Posted on 28/1/2007, 02:34

Che la Luce illumini il tuo lavora.

Aspettiamo con trepidazione le nuove migliorie!!!

Aylee Sedai
view post Posted on 29/1/2007, 00:40

ENGLISH
At least, I released MappingOut v1.8. You can find it at this url
MappingOut v1.8 - All files
(only for the first time, you have to download nearly about 3MB. Then, to keep your MappingOut up to date, you only have to press the "Update" button, in the main window.)

Only two suggestions:
1) BACKUP you personal folder, before doing any update. It should work without any problem, but it "should" not "will" :D
2) check out the new "Information" window, by clicking on the "Info" button... They're awesome!! (thanks to Madoran!!)

NEWS
- Added personal notes. Everybody can now insert their own annotations to the maps
- When you hover over a square, the information pop-up of the skill etc is automatic. Right click is no longer needed (by udoh)
- fixed wrong locations of "Shield of Judgement" (by udoh)
- added the internet update functions! (still under development, with Didimo, but already working!!)
- fixed collector's material request. Now it shows also the quantity.
- if "Elites" check is not selected, it no longer displays the elite stats in the information window
- made it possible to see greens on the map, without showing also the elite skills (by firefoxx666)
- fixed the error caused by lower screen resolution (by Thargor, Dirty Savage & Lothlorian Sassun)
- moved the legend on another windows, so that it no longer takes up a lot of primary window
- fixed the modify/delete bug int the character list (by KiyaKoreena)
- Added the number of items listed to every lists (Elites, Collectors, Greens)
- Added into legend the description for non-boss and boss with no elite
- added another location where "You're All Alone" can be found (by Bithor the Dog)
- fixed the elite skill name of "Avatar of Dwayna" (by Heretic Fire)
- fixed the stats of "Ravaging Daggers" dropped by "Ravager of Dreams" in Depths of Madness
- Added Razakel boss position in Domain of Secrets, and its own elite Corrupt Enchantment
- Updated stats for unique green item: Amiresh's Piety (thanks to Khonan [GdT])

ITALIANO
Finalmente ho rilasciato MappingOut v1.8. Potete trovarlo a questo indirizzo:
MappingOut v1.8 - Tutti i files
(solo per questa volta, dovrete scaricare circa 3MB. Poi, per tenere aggiornato il vostro MappingOut, dovrete solamente premere il pulsante"Update", nella finestra principale)

Solo due suggerimenti:
1) Salvate la vostra cartella "Personal". L'aggiornamento dovrebbe funzionare senza problemi, ma sottolineo "dovrebbe" :D
2) Date un'occhiata alla nuova finestra delle "Informationi", premendo il tasto"Info"... E' fantastica!! (grazie Madoran!!)

NOVITA'
- Aggiunta la possibilità di gestire note personali sulle mappe
- Non è più necessario premere il tasto destro du un oggetto per visualizzare le caratteristiche. E' sufficiente andare sopra con il cursore del mouse (by udoh)
- sistemate alcune posizioni sbagliate dell'elite "Shield of Judgement". Comapriva al posto di "Signer of Judgement" (by udoh)
- Implementata la funzione di aggiornamento automatico da internet (funzionante, ma sicuramente soggetta a modifiche... attendo la strigliata di Didimo :D )
- sistemata la quantità di materiale richiesto dai collezionisti. Adesso viene mostrata correttamente.
- se non è spuntata la casella di selezione delle Elite nel menu, le caratteristiche dell'elite non compaiono più nella finestra delle informazioni
- è adesso possibile visualizzare gli oggetti verdi, senza necessariamente vedere le elite (by firefoxx666)
- sistemato l'errore di visualizzazione su monitor con risoluzioni basse (by Thargor, Dirty Savage & Lothlorian Sassun)
- spostata la legenda in una finestra separata, per risparmiare spazio nella finestra del menu
- sistemato l'errore di modifica/eliminazione nella finestra dei personaggi (by KiyaKoreena)
- Aggiunto il numero di elementi in ogni lista (Elites, Collectors, Greens, Notes)
- aggiunta nella legenda l'identificatore di boss senza elite o non boss
- aggiunta un'altra locazione per l'elite "You're All Alone" (by Bithor the Dog)
- sistemato il nome di "Avatar of Dwayna" (by Heretic Fire)
- sistemate le caratteristiche del verde "Ravaging Daggers" dropped by "Ravager of Dreams" nel Depths of Madness
- aggiunta la posizione del boss Razakel nel Domain of Secrets, e la sua elite Corrupt Enchantment
- sistemate le caratteristiche del verdone: Amiresh's Piety (grassie Khonan [GdT])

udoh
view post Posted on 29/1/2007, 12:12

Hi, still a wonderful program really fast and easy to use.

You've done a great job with this.

So far, just one thing I have found, if I find any more, all add then to this thread.

1. There are 4 more elites that appear during this quest that should be displayed in the Nightfall/Istan section. http://gw.gamewikis.org/wiki/A_Land_of_Heroes

2. If you select a Profession, example warrior, and display only the elites from that profession, if you then run your mouse over the map, it will show all the elite information boxes from the other professions, this can become a small problem when in Factions, Kaineng City, Sunijang District, as a lot of elites are very closer to each other.

Great Job, I still can't believe how good this program is.
udoh

ps. The Info screen is really cool.

Edited by udoh - 29/1/2007, 12:31

Aylee Sedai
view post Posted on 29/1/2007, 13:01

Udoh,
1) you're totally right! I completely forgot that new quest, lately added in Istan. Thanks a lot, I will fix it up as soon as possible.

2) argh... That's why laziness never pay back! This problem was already present in the previous version, but no one figured it out, because you had to right click to show the stats... I never fixed it, because I thought noone would ever find it... How wrong I was!!!! :cry: With the new update, It's no longer needed to right click on an object, so the problem smash my selfconfidence right in the back! :(... I have to correct it, and I will!

As ever, thank you so much for all!!

Aylee Sedai
view post Posted on 29/1/2007, 21:30

ENGLISH
I've just released another update :D... You can test the update function ghghgh
MappingOut version is still v1.8... I forgot to change it :(

29-01-2007 Update
- added missing collectors (in factions e nightfall I had omissed quartermasters, secret keepers and someone else :))
- added 4 more elite during "A Lanf of heros" quest, in Nightfall on Istan Island (by udoh)
- fixed a problem with stats of a boss with greens, after the visualization of a boss with no greens
- fixed a bug concerning stats visualization. the program displayed object stats, even if it should be excluded by filters (by udoh)

ITALIANO
Ho appena rilasciato un altro aggiornamento... potete testare la funzione di aggiornamento ahahah
La versione di MappingOut è sempre v1.8... ho dimenticato di cambiarla :(

29-01-2007 Update
- aggiunti alcuni collezionisti mancanti (in factions e nightfall avevo dimenticato i quartiermastri, i collezionisti dei segreti a qualcun altro :))
- aggiunte 4 elite ottenibili durante la missione "A Lanf of heros" quest, in Nightfall sull'isola di Istan (by udoh)
- sistemato un problema di visualizzazione nella finestra dei boss senza oggetti verdi, dopo aver visualizzato un boss con oggetto verde
- sistemata la comparsa di finestra di statistiche di oggetti NON visualizzati nella mappa (by udoh)

Edited by Aylee Sedai - 30/1/2007, 00:10

Aylee Sedai
view post Posted on 30/1/2007, 00:53

ENGLISH
I'm such an idiot. With the last update I introduced a bug with collectors name. Now it's fixed... Please forgive me :(

30-01-2007 update (version is still 1.8)
- fixed the name of "Crippling shot", previously saved as "Clipping..." (by Snograt)
- fixed a bug introduced with the last update... some collectors name were no longer visible -.-
- added the green item Vera (hammer) dropped by Jayne Forestlight in Echovald Forest (are you wondering how I could forget such a famous item... well I don't really know :( )

ITALIANO
Sono un idiota. Nell'ultimo update ho introdotto un erroraccio. Non visualizzavo più alcuni nomi dei collezionisti. Adesso è a posto :(

30-01-2007 update (la versione è sempre 1.8)
- sistemato il nome dell'elite "Crippling shot", precedentemente salvata come "Clipping..." (by Snograt)
- sistemato l'errore relativo al nome dei collezionisti
- aggiunto l'oggetto verde "Vera", droppato da Jayne Forestlight nella Echovald Forest (vi state domandando come ho fatto a dimenticare un così famoso oggeto verde?!? Beh... non ne ho idea :cry: )

Aylee Sedai
view post Posted on 30/1/2007, 14:40

ENGLISH
The last update had a "date problem" and the update procedure didn't wwork very well. I fixed that, with this new update.
there's a little problem, not in the MappingOut problem, but in the update one. The "Update" will continue showing new upgrades available, even if you have the most recent update available.
I will fix it releasing an update on february, 1st.

31-01-2007 update (version is still 1.8)
- fixed previous runtime error 9/381

ITALIANO
L'ultimo aggiornamento ha introdotto un errore nel programma. con questo aggiornamento è stato risolto. Tuttavia, persisterà una piccola imprecisione nel programma di update. Benchè possiate aver completato l'aggiornamento, continuerà a segnalare nuovi files disponibili. E' un problema di date a me noto. Lo sistemerò rilasciando un aggiornamento il primo di febbraio.

31-01-2007 Aggiornamento (la versione è ancora 1.8)
- sistemato l'errore di runtime 9 / 381

Edited by Aylee Sedai - 31/1/2007, 11:08

Myote
view post Posted on 31/1/2007, 14:49

Great Job man.

I'd noticed that you miss Afflicted Soon Kim in Sunjiang District, just under Zin Ku Corridor with elite skill Shadow Form, and Xiriss Stikleback, in Archipelagos, during the Night Raiders quest, can drop WOE SPREADER.

Aylee Sedai
view post Posted on 31/1/2007, 21:14

Thanks Myote,
I added those omitted informations. Next update will include both them.

Thank you again... keep on finding bugs!! :D

Myote
view post Posted on 31/1/2007, 21:48

Thanks to you for this prog. A friend of mine translate the elites, boss,... in french; we 'll post the files here.
A small bug or a pb with my config ... I have an Asus motherboard and the prog asusupdate.exe. When I click on update in mappingout, it was this file which is launch and not update.exe in the folder of mappingout; i must execute it manually.

Aylee Sedai
view post Posted on 1/2/2007, 01:42

Well, actually It's my fault :(... I didn't set the path for "update.exe", as I thought my application would have chosen the one in its own folder... But I was wrong... -.-

Next update, will fix this error!

Thanks again :)

Siegfried Nimbelungun
view post Posted on 1/2/2007, 13:22

Hello, i'm friend of Myote :P

juste in Talus Chute the skill elite of "Kaia Wupwup" --> Unyielding Aura

gamewikis

juste shearch

CODE
0191        02        421        1544        Edibbo Pekpek        6        Talus Chute

Add after
CODE
0164        02        445        1538        Kaïa Wupwup        4        Pente du Talus        *
0164        02        409        1424        Kaïa Wupwup        4        Pente du Talus        *
0164        02        349        1416        Kaïa Wupwup        4        Pente du Talus        *
0164        02        271        1407        Kaïa Wupwup        4        Pente du Talus        *

* = add TAB remove * :D

Thank for this program is very good

I translate this in french but i add 3 region + map whit skill elite + green item drop
for skil elite for the Quests of "Vision of Glint" in
- Maguuma Jungle
- Old Ascalon
drop item in
- Maguuma Jungle

can sent this files if you want but I don't finish translate

is possible add combox for select language add in your program ?
juste add Fr or It ... @ file name desc for choice exemple "GreensFr.txt" or "FrGreens.txt"

juste simple idea ^_^

Aylee Sedai
view post Posted on 1/2/2007, 14:43

You worked very hard! :woot:

Alllow multiple translation could be interesting, since I'm italian and most of my friends too :),
However, I didn't think about it, becaus there's a little problem in managing multiple languages at present. The original english files aren't completely correct. So, I keep on editing them daily. This means that if I had more than one language, I should edit more than one files. Since I'm quite scatterbrained and lazy, I didn't think to introduce other languages, at least till current files become more stable :(

However, as I think multiple languages could be very interesting, I will consider a way to manage a different language quickly. Of course, at the beginning, I won't translate all files in other languages... even because I'm not able to do that!! :cry: I hardly know italian, and even worse I speak english!

180 replies since 22/1/2007, 12:42   10120 views