News, questions and answers, Any suggestion? Write it down here!

« Older   Newer »
Sabardeyn
view post Posted on 28/8/2007, 10:39

Hello Aylee,

I don't know how feasible this would be, but expanding the Boss monster entries might be helpful. I find I'm always trying to find out what kind of monster (heket, charr, losaru, etc) so I know what to look for. Others might find the profession and level helpful as well.

Aylee Sedai
view post Posted on 28/8/2007, 11:17

Actually you're not the first who asked for Boss Level. I admit my ignorance, but what can it be helpful for?
Anyways, expanding bosses would be nice, but it should come at the bottom of my list :( I have to complete thousands of tasks!! (vanquish, missions checklist. gwen elites, collectors, greens, dungeons. rebuild of elonian treasures feature...)

Thanks for the suggestion, it's in my todos list, even if not in the first positions :D :D eheheh

Sabardeyn
view post Posted on 29/8/2007, 10:29

To answer your questions...

Creature type - Lets you know what type of monster to look for. In mixed mobs you can get confused and ignore your greatest opponent. Not good.

Profession - Gives you an idea of the kind of attacks the boss might use. Theoretically a skill list would be better, but that is asking for too much. (Even I'm not that greedy!)

Level - Since I've discovered the GW wikis I can check a boss' level. Depending on the difference in numbers, I might want to think up a more detailed battle plan or alter my skills, heros/henchmen, etc.

While I know that I can get this info online I try not to run too many apps while gaming. So if I'm just running GW & Mapping Out I use less resources. No browser window. By all means do whatever you think is best though. You are right it is not critical and should go to the bottom of the list.

supadave
view post Posted on 22/9/2007, 06:37

Just wanted to say thanks for a great program.. It is truly a fantastic tool. I have passed your link around to several of my buddies.
Thank you again..

Supadave

Aylee Sedai
view post Posted on 22/9/2007, 10:38

Thank you supadave,
I'm very glad each time I hear new guys have joined the "MappingOut comunity" :D

May the Light shine on you all!!

Sabardeyn
icon13  view post Posted on 29/9/2007, 01:16

Aylee,

I just noticed a minor error - so minor I wonder when it occurred and whether anyone ever noticed it. The Elementalist elite skill "Invoke Lighting" does not toggle a graphics card to illuminate the area your currently exploring. It does, however, cause lightNing to strike a target. :P :lol:

Just thought you might want to correct that for the next update. Error occurs on the Elite Skill list (left column) and in the right-click skill pop-up title. Text of the skill is fine.

Aylee Sedai
view post Posted on 29/9/2007, 09:28

:D :D :D :D
I will be done... eheh...

Sabardeyn
view post Posted on 29/9/2007, 17:08

Aylee,

Here are two points that have seemed odd to me when using Mapping Out that I keep forgetting to mention:

1. Marking Captured Elites: When left-clicking an elite skill, users can select one character and mark the skill as having been captured. I've noticed that the Treasure dialog has checkboxes, allowing several characters to be marked at the same time. You might want to follow a similar pattern in the elite skill capturing dialog - it would save time by allowing users to update several characters at once.

2. Rename a Button on the Character Dialog: Please change the name of the bottom button from "Cancel" to "Ok". The name of this button implies it allows the standard Windows Undo or Cancel functionality for any changes made through the Add, Modify or Delete buttons. However, any errors or changes cannot be undone or canceled by pressing this button; the user must manually correct any mistakes. Changing the name of the button simply makes it's name and function clear to users.

Lastly, is there a maximum number of characters that MappingOut can support? (I ask because, although unclear in wording, I just found out that GW will support either 26 or 34 characters maximum per account. So I'm wondering if MappingOut has any type of limit.)

Aylee Sedai
view post Posted on 30/9/2007, 10:58

hi Sabardeyn,
there's no limit in the characters number... So, be free to create thounds of them :D

May the Light protect you.
Aylee

Sabardeyn
icon6  view post Posted on 21/10/2007, 17:47

I mentioned previously that I would like to see the boss' base creature type, profession and level included in the program. Don't know why it popped into my head today (other then I'm using MO a lot because I'm trying for Skill Hunter), but here is a possible "layout": Boss Name (creature type) [Prof Icon] Level. So, this results in, for example: Facet of Nature (Forgotten) image26/30.

While I admit this is not groundbreaking, I though I would mention it because, obviously, screen real estate becomes vital and this adds info without needing much (if any) extra screen space. You're already using most of this space and have it empty at the moment. The "[Prof Icon]" is obviously meant to be a small image, not sure if this might change your line height - which might be a concern. I noticed that GuildWiki's profession icons (bottom of page) are 25x20 pixels images and they're just large enough to be visible (well, except for Mesmer). This would be a little bigger than the smiley icons (19x19 px) used in this forum.

Of course if this isn't viable you could place a larger profession icon and right align it to fill up the empty space to the right of the Boss/Zone entries. Assuming you're not using that space for anything else.

PS: It's really strange how often I encounter people in game who are absolutely stunned and amazed :woot: at how rapidly I can give them boss / skill info. I tell them about the program and they have never heard of it - which is kind of sad :cry: .

Aylee Sedai
view post Posted on 22/10/2007, 11:10

Thank you Sabardeyn,
unfortunately lately I didn't have time to spend on MappingOut (neither on GW :( :( ), but I wish I could work again on MappingOut soon.
Anyway, in the meanwhile, I wrote down each suggestion I received :)

Sabardeyn
icon13  view post Posted on 23/10/2007, 06:53

Not sure if this is an error or one of the recent skill balance updates to GW: Mantra of Recovery (Me Elite) recharge 33% faster. Not 50%.

Also, you list this same skill as being available from Ayassah Hess in the Dunes of Despair. Goss Aleessh, also spawns at this location and can provide the same skill.

Siegfried Nimbelungun
view post Posted on 21/11/2007, 16:34

hi Aylee Sedai juste error whith Zone on faction map

in Vizunah Square (foreign Quarter) is empty for elite skill :unsure: :(

Naphui Qarter (Mission) again all boss are in Naphui Qarter explorable area :unsure:

all Mission are empty all boss are in explorable area

This is it express ??

Aylee Sedai
view post Posted on 22/11/2007, 10:47

Sabardeyn
probably I have to update some skills, since I've seen ArenaNet has changed some elites... Thank you for pointing that out!

Siegfried Nimbelungun
I guess, and underline guess just because my memory can't allow me to do better, those you're referring to are not explorable zones, but outposts. "Naphui Quarter (Mission)" does not mean the explorable area of the mission, but the outpost Naphui Quarter. Bosses are (or better shoud be :D ) into the exlorable area, for example "Naphui Quarter" and are (again should be) differentiated by a "D" on the icon and something else written into the note...
As a good programmer should do, I used the conditional form... "Everything should be, something is, a little more will be" nice saying, just invented :D

Siegfried Nimbelungun
view post Posted on 27/11/2007, 20:39

hi Aylee Sedai

are you define the Region and zone ID for GW:EN ?

just question for advance work :D

180 replies since 22/1/2007, 12:42   10120 views