News, questions and answers, Any suggestion? Write it down here!

« Older   Newer »
Aylee Sedai
view post Posted on 22/7/2008, 08:02

Ombra, sei un GENIO. Completamente fuori dall'argomento di questa discussione (OT, come si dovrebbe dire usando il "chattiano"), ma pur sempre un GENIO! ^_^ :P :D :lol:

Comandante Gatzu
view post Posted on 22/7/2008, 10:42

Secondo me siete due malati! :D

Sabardeyn
icon14  view post Posted on 16/8/2008, 06:19

Aylee,

Several skills have been changed and I was wondering if it is possible to change the skill info used by MappingOut? Actually, if it's possible for users to alter any of the information, knowing the file names & structure would be a great help. I know that I would love to be able to enter some things (like bosses in Prophecies without elite skills, etc) without using Notes. I'm not sure that this is possible, but it would be a nice addition - particularly when I have to go back and Vanquish.

Sometimes the wiki is great... but it is a lot quicker to just load MO and leave it running in the background.

Aylee Sedai
view post Posted on 16/8/2008, 18:58

CITAZIONE (Sabardeyn @ 16/8/2008, 07:19)
Aylee,

Several skills have been changed and I was wondering if it is possible to change the skill info used by MappingOut? Actually, if it's possible for users to alter any of the information, knowing the file names & structure would be a great help. I know that I would love to be able to enter some things (like bosses in Prophecies without elite skills, etc) without using Notes. I'm not sure that this is possible, but it would be a nice addition - particularly when I have to go back and Vanquish.

Sometimes the wiki is great... but it is a lot quicker to just load MO and leave it running in the background.

Well, there's no a real customizable feature among MappingOut's. It's not possible to add other schedule, but the one you requested is already supported. Infact there are several bosses without elite spred thorught the 3 campaigns. What I have to do (and really I will do it) is to give a complete documentation about MappingOut data files. I'm currently on a few updates, but works are growing much slower than I thought. I told my self: "the slower the better", but I don't think anyone else would join my saying :D
All this to say as soon as I release the last MappingOut update I will also give a full explanation of all included txt files. Moreover I would like to create/join/follow (dunno what my role will be) a comunity and release MappingOut source code, in order to let other people to continue on developing MappingOut. But this is only a thought, by now. Time will give answers.

Aylee Sedai
view post Posted on 6/9/2008, 10:22

UPDATE 06-09-2008 (v4.0.0)

MappingOut is back with its companion GW:EN!
Sorry for being so lazy in the last year. I've been... delayed!
This is the first update containing the Eye of the North extension. It's still uncomplete, since all stuff related to dungeon is missing.
Well, let's stop chittering and have a look at the new version.
Since a new campaign has been added and we reached the number of four campaigns I decided to rise the version number to 4.0.0 (as udoh suggested me, long time ago).

major updates
- added pets informations: locations, images, levels of all charmable pets.
- removed options tab and added a menu conatinaining old options and something more (by udoh)
- added GW:EN maps (save dungeons').
- added GW:EN elites (save dungeons').
- added GW:EN greens (save dungeons').
- added GW:EN pets (save dungeons').

minor updates
- added conditional spawn to "Shekoss the Stony" in "Joko's Domain" (by Gatzu)
- fixed position of Boss Ssaresh Ratler in factions (by Gatzu)
- fixed a bug in the elite filter by boss name.
- fixed "Shiverpeaks" name, wrongly listed before. (by udoh)
- fixed statistics of Savannah Heat, wrongly listed (OutlawFMA)
- fixed description for "Elemental's Construct" in Sunjiang District (By Zander)
- changed Elonian Treasure system. Now, you can select the date on which you last opened that treasure. (by udoh)
- changed locations textes displayed in elite locations list. Now the zone is shown for first.

---
Unfortunately I... ehm... lost the password to enter one of my ftp (-_-). This means the ftp "La Ruota del Tempo" into the update is no longer working.

Siegfried Nimbelungun
view post Posted on 10/9/2008, 09:49

hello Aylee

your work is great

just a question?

I received this mail:
"Siegfried Nimbelungun,
kc8tpz has sent you this email from http://laruotadeltempo.forumfree.net/.
I am currently spearheading a project to create an open source replacement for mappingout. Would this be something that you would be interested in helping develop?
"

i'm interesting for traduction :P

if some bug

do not pet appear in mode Core-> All

then

What "missing photos? images that you seek?

PetsList in what is the third column?

tanks for this work

Ishmael Aybara
view post Posted on 10/9/2008, 21:12

Ottimo lavoro, Aylee. Come sempre.
Mi piace l'innovazione dei pet.
Naturalmente, la prima bestia che sono andato a cercare è stata la Vedova Nera per Moghedien...

...Che fine ha fatto la Vedova Nera? :angry:

:D :D :D

La Luce ti benedica.

Aylee Sedai
view post Posted on 11/9/2008, 10:02

CITAZIONE (Ishmael Aybara @ 10/9/2008, 22:12)
Ottimo lavoro, Aylee. Come sempre.
Mi piace l'innovazione dei pet.
Naturalmente, la prima bestia che sono andato a cercare è stata la Vedova Nera per Moghedien...

...Che fine ha fatto la Vedova Nera? :angry:

:D :D :D

La Luce ti benedica.

Italiano
Ehm... la vedova nera "era" e penso sia ancora nell'Underworld. Poichè in MappingOut non è presente la mappa di quella locazione, non ho nemmeno potuto inserire la posizione della vedova nera :(

English
Black widow location is missing since Underworld map is missing :).
Had I ever added Underworld map, I would have also placed the Black Widow. But I didn't. I'm so lazy... :unsure:

Honour and Glory, Siegfried Nimbelungun

CITAZIONE (Siegfried Nimbelungun @ 10/9/2008, 10:49)
I received this mail:
"Siegfried Nimbelungun,
kc8tpz has sent you this email from http://laruotadeltempo.forumfree.net/.
I am currently spearheading a project to create an open source replacement for mappingout. Would this be something that you would be interested in helping develop?
"

i'm interesting for traduction :P

I didn't recognize the nickname, but I've been asked about a new MappingOut version, .NET oriented. I didn't think of it as a "Open Source MappingOut". It is quite different, if it's what I'm referring to. MappingOut did not need .NET Framework to be installed. MappingOut did not need much memory (never more than 20Mb, with the hugest map loaded). MappingOut did not need a fast processor to work. A program placing markers on a GW map IS NOT MappingOut. Something more is needed to receice the "MappingOut Certification" :D :D :D :D :D
Anyway. There's no copyright (besides ArenaNet's) on anything I did. I decided to store all MappingOut data in free uncrypted TXT files, and this caused some problems to me. But I did so to let other people use my data. So if anyone is trying to do another MappingOut style software, it's wellcome :)
Moreover I don't have the same time to spare I used to have sometime ago, so my Updates are much slower to get out. Someone could do a better work than I do.

do not pet appear in mode Core-> All

Thanks for the hint, I have to fix this problem. Thank you, as usual :)

What "missing photos? images that you seek?

Well... ehm... gh... uh... that file SHOULD NOT be spread all over the world... That is not part of MappingOut... that was a note of mine :D

PetsList in what is the third column?

Third column is the pet level. It is not showm anywhere in MappingOut, but the I store those informations, for future purposes :)

As always, Thank you for all these annotations, Siegfried .
May you always shine in the holy glory of Light.

Infinity Pwr
view post Posted on 15/9/2008, 15:17

Complimenti per il grande lavoro!

Mentre controllavo il nuovo aggiornamento, riguardo le mascotte, ho notato che la locazione del Lupo Anziano non mi sembra esatta, la belva gironzola mooooolto più vicina al proprio padrone (Thul The Bull)

Ecco (imho) le nuove coordinate fra le parentesi quadre:
CITAZIONE (IPetsLocations.txt @ 66/66/666, 66:66)
03 02 0123 569 1044---->[680 1030]

Un caloroso saluto a tutti.

Aylee Sedai
view post Posted on 15/9/2008, 16:25

Grazie Infinity Pwr,
controllerò subito e sostituirò la fallace posizione con la corretta.
Grazie ancora per la segnalazione.
Possa la Luce vegliare sul tuo cammino.

imiko
view post Posted on 30/10/2008, 21:07

Very excited about the new version of MappingOut, and thanks go to Aylee and everyone else who made it possible. I've been waiting for the +GWEN version to share it with my guild, and so far the response has been super-positive.

I know a lot of time and work has already gone in to this project, but we had a few questions I wanted to pass on. Are dungeons and FoW/UW going to be included in a later version? Could mission competition (for both normal and hard modes) be added? What about dungeon/primary quest completion (those that the books keep track of) for GWEN?

Thanks again, we really enjoy this program!

Zav
view post Posted on 11/11/2008, 15:03

Woo, I didn't try the 4.0 version yet ^^

By the way, I just noticed something wrong.

On MappingOut, Nightfall > Vabbi > Mesmer Elite Skills > Visions of regret.

For 5...17 seconds, target foe takes 30...102 damage whenever that foe uses an adrenaline SKill.

But In Game :
For 10 seconds, target foe and adjacent foes take xx damage whenever they use a skill.

Aylee Sedai
view post Posted on 11/11/2008, 15:36

You're right for certain, Zav... Unfortunalety I havent' so much time to spend on MappingOut lately and I didn't update Mappy with the last ARENANET skills update. Maybe that was the old skill description.
As soon as I can I will try to correct all skills descriptions!

Thanks a lot for the hint and for being on this forum :)

amnezik666
view post Posted on 15/4/2009, 21:13

The mapping out site (mappingout.com) seems to be down ; I really hope this is just a temporary problem.

Could you please inform us about this ?

Thanks

wish of night
view post Posted on 15/4/2009, 21:32

yes the mapping out site is out of service temporary, because aylee forgot to pay the bill of the site excuse us for this problem he will supply it soon

180 replies since 22/1/2007, 12:42   10120 views