News, questions and answers, Any suggestion? Write it down here!

« Older   Newer »
Comandante Gatzu
view post Posted on 11/11/2009, 17:12

Qui devo rispondere:

MAPPINGOUT CON GLI OCCHI A MANDORLA!!!
Andre, vai in korea a programmare :D

ylar34
view post Posted on 13/11/2009, 16:50

Aylee,

I noticed the error caused by lower screen resolution is back in version 4.0.0. Until then I am stuck with version 3.1.1 since my resolution is 1024x600. Other than that glitch everything is great.
Thank you for making this brilliant program.

Aylee Sedai
view post Posted on 16/11/2009, 09:18

CITAZIONE (ylar34 @ 13/11/2009, 16:50)
Aylee,

I noticed the error caused by lower screen resolution is back in version 4.0.0. Until then I am stuck with version 3.1.1 since my resolution is 1024x600. Other than that glitch everything is great.

On top, thank you for your message. I appreciate every single feedbak anyone can give.
About the task... well...this is really wierd, since I didn't change anything related to ui management. Anyway I will give a look. There's onle a little problem... ehm... I can't remember exactly what the matter with lower resolution was ... :D Can you tell me something more about this issue?
May the Light shine on you.

wish of night
view post Posted on 16/11/2009, 21:07

andre occhio al coreano che lo hai saltato

Aylee Sedai
view post Posted on 17/11/2009, 09:47

CITAZIONE (willy_sunny @ 10/11/2009, 21:01)
Greetings, Aylee Sedai

I'm a translator myself, and has been undertaking localization project of your piece of software, and translating them into asian language. I have noticed that there are serveral strings that you did not link out for others to be able to translate, and even bugging the client.

Strings that are not translatable:
- Profession names under the profession dropbox
- Attribute names under the Attribute dropbox (making searing elite skills matching a perticular attribute impossible)
- checkbox names for Elite, Collectors, Greens, Various, and Notes
- Secondary Prof. on the elite skill filter
- Professions in the Secondary Prof.'s dropbox

Another major problem that I have encountered during my translation, is that the font you have used for the map area, does not support foriegn language that isn't using the western code, so I'm seeing text like [] on the screen. So, I'm wondering if it is possible to allow the user to change the fonts that they'd like to use?

Sorry for being Late, Willy Sunny! I totally missed your message (thank you Wish :D).
Missing translations are quite easy to add, so I will provide a new version with those missing items. Concerning the font, I will give a try, but that modification will last a little longer, since I didn't think about it when I created the software (this is a classic "bad developing issue". To write and not to think, thy is the matter! ... Forgive me William... not you Willy... the other one, most known I guess :D). Anyway, it's not a difficult task, but a LONG ONE!
I will let you know sooner as I can.
In the meanwhile, may the Light protect you.

Aylee Sedai
view post Posted on 19/11/2009, 12:30

CITAZIONE (Aylee Sedai @ 17/11/2009, 09:47)
CITAZIONE (willy_sunny @ 10/11/2009, 21:01)
Greetings, Aylee Sedai

I'm a translator myself, and has been undertaking localization project of your piece of software, and translating them into asian language. I have noticed that there are serveral strings that you did not link out for others to be able to translate, and even bugging the client.

Strings that are not translatable:
- Attribute names under the Attribute dropbox (making searing elite skills matching a perticular attribute impossible)
- checkbox names for Elite, Collectors, Greens, Various, and Notes
- Professions in the Secondary Prof.'s dropbox

Another major problem that I have encountered during my translation, is that the font you have used for the map area, does not support foriegn language that isn't using the western code, so I'm seeing text like [] on the screen. So, I'm wondering if it is possible to allow the user to change the fonts that they'd like to use?

Sorry for being Late, Willy Sunny! I totally missed your message (thank you Wish :D).
Missing translations are quite easy to add, so I will provide a new version with those missing items. Concerning the font, I will give a try, but that modification will last a little longer, since I didn't think about it when I created the software (this is a classic "bad developing issue". To write and not to think, thy is the matter! ... Forgive me William... not you Willy... the other one, most known I guess :D). Anyway, it's not a difficult task, but a LONG ONE!
I will let you know sooner as I can.
In the meanwhile, may the Light protect you.

I gave a look and I can give you some news:

- Attribute names under the Attribute dropbox
- Professions in the secondary prof.'s dropbox
These strings are yet present and customizable. Look for the files "PROFESSIONS.TXT" into every campaign folders

- checkbox names for elite, collectors, greens, various and notes
These strings were missing. You were right. I added them and they will be available in next release. Just an advice, be carefull with strings' length. I really don't know what could happen with string too long... :)

This one was missing, you were right. I added it and it will available in next release.

I'll check if I can do the "font change" request...

ylar34
view post Posted on 23/11/2009, 17:14

QUOTE (Aylee Sedai @ 16/11/2009, 09:18)
QUOTE (ylar34 @ 13/11/2009, 16:50)
Aylee,

On top, thank you for your message. I appreciate every single feedbak anyone can give.
About the task... well...this is really wierd, since I didn't change anything related to ui management. Anyway I will give a look. There's onle a little problem... ehm... I can't remember exactly what the matter with lower resolution was ... :D Can you tell me something more about this issue?

When I launch version 4.0.0 I get 'Run-time error 380: Invalid property value'
I remember reading on the guildwarsguru forum that this was caused by low resolution and you fixed it in version 1.8. Hope that helps.

Aylee Sedai
view post Posted on 25/11/2009, 12:22

CITAZIONE (ylar34 @ 23/11/2009, 17:14)
CITAZIONE (Aylee Sedai @ 16/11/2009, 09:18)

I remember reading on the guildwarsguru forum that this was caused by low resolution and you fixed it in version 1.8. Hope that helps.

May the Light shine on you again, YLAR.
I don't know whether the problem is caused by resolution or not, anyway let's try to understand how to solve. I have to ask you a few things:
1) Try this one: delete the OPTIONS.TXT file into you MAPPINGOUT/DATA folder and launch MappingOut again.
2) If previous step didn't solve the problem, please let me know what is your current resolution, so that I can check if resolution is the real cause.
Thank you again and may the Light protect you.

ylar34
view post Posted on 27/11/2009, 01:56

QUOTE (Aylee Sedai @ 25/11/2009, 12:22)
QUOTE (ylar34 @ 23/11/2009, 17:14)

I don't know whether the problem is caused by resolution or not, anyway let's try to understand how to solve. I have to ask you a few things:
1) Try this one: delete the OPTIONS.TXT file into you MAPPINGOUT/DATA folder and launch MappingOut again.
2) If previous step didn't solve the problem, please let me know what is your current resolution, so that I can check if resolution is the real cause.

I deleted the options.txt and relaunched the program. I still get the 'Run-time error 380: Invalid property value'. My resolution is 1024x600. If there is any other info you need let me know. Thank you for helping me out.

Aylee Sedai
view post Posted on 27/11/2009, 09:41

CITAZIONE (ylar34 @ 27/11/2009, 01:56)
CITAZIONE (Aylee Sedai @ 25/11/2009, 12:22)

I deleted the options.txt and relaunched the program. I still get the 'Run-time error 380: Invalid property value'. My resolution is 1024x600. If there is any other info you need let me know. Thank you for helping me out.

I see. You're totally right. I "re"introduced this error when I added "PETS" and "PETSLOCATIONS". Anyway, now I'm at work and I don't think my company would be pleased if I worked on MappinOut (the Light burn them), but tonight I will fix this bug and upload the new version during the coming weekend.
May the Light shine on you, Ylar.

willy_sunny
view post Posted on 30/11/2009, 22:26

QUOTE (Aylee Sedai @ 19/11/2009, 12:30)
I'll check if I can do the "font change" request...

Greetings again, just a tip on possible reason for cauing the [] error

I'm assuming it happens because it is only reading the text files in non-unicode, and since asian characters are 2~3 bytes long, and could possible cause some errors

because I can still see certain chinese text was displayed quite nicely, until it got cut

a second problem that I had found in the program is that the textboxes does not "warp" the text if it is too long.

atypicalexampleislikethiswithnospaceinalineoftextanditwillgotcutinthemiddleoftheline

^- that's a typical way of causing such error, when text are taken in a string without spacing, it'll break the pop up description box

a third issue arise when using your software in multiple screen display (so you might need to get a second screen + a video card that supports it XD)

when maximized, it will ALWAYS be forced on the primary display, which is usually the same screen that GW is loaded in

in other words, you cannot have one screen with mappingout (well, you could, but not maximized) and other playing the game

and here comes the last bug that I have found, which has to do with windows hotkeys

try this yourself, open up mapping out, press the win (the widows logo on the keyboard) + D

this is the hotkey for minimizing all the windows and showing the desktop

now, try to alt + tab (or click on the task bar) to mapping out

it remains minimized! XD

now, try clicking on the task bar again (which is used to minimize the window) ... it shows up!

I guess someone is gonna have some real fun cleaning these up, haha

btw, just wondering, what language is mapping out coded in? delphi?

now, another question that is totally unrelated to mapping out ...

why was my forum ID deleted? T_T

Wujek Zuo
view post Posted on 2/5/2010, 20:10

Just found a bad location of naga boss called Ssaresh Rattler

Plaztek98
view post Posted on 2/6/2010, 18:51

i have updated mappinout but now when i try to open i get
runtime error '340' control array element '4' doesn't exist.

is there a quick fix to this, i have tried everything including google
the old mappingout works perferc and if i take the GWEN folder out of the mappingout folder it works
its jus happens with GWEN folder

Life Bond Shackles
view post Posted on 25/8/2010, 08:11

First you guys are Great. Thanks for a great program. Just a question can you add the Eye of the North data to it then it would be a small fraction better, not saying its bad at all. No disrespect!!! Any ways if you can that would be great. Keep up the great work.
Life Bond Shackles...:)

Aditu Venyhanesta
view post Posted on 8/9/2010, 19:28

I've tried updating Mapping Out, but get "runtime error 7: out of memory". I am on Windows 7 64-bit. Has there been an update since 4.0.0 that I need to get, or does it not matter?

180 replies since 22/1/2007, 12:42   10120 views